A couple of nice blogging related articles… Seth Godin wrote a succinct summary of what makes a good blog post:
How to write a blog post, he says, involves:
– An appropriate illustration
– A useful topic, easily broadened to be useful to a large number of readers
– Simple language with no useless jargon
– Not too long
– Focusing on something that people have previously taken for granted
– That initially creates emotional resistance
– Then causes a light bulb to go off
– Causes the reader to look at the world differently all day long.
All good stuff, although the last point is maybe a little ambitious for all posts!